DarrenSugrue

Darren Sugrue

Thank you Z.Rose for latest review!

This story revolves around Daniel Geller, a former Trinity College math Phd student who theorized a controversial formula that accurately predicts time of death. Forward to 12 years later, he spent years out of academia because his thesis was rejected. His former professor John Redmond contacts him to tell him the formula worked.  So together they figure out how valid this formulation is and uncover the personal ramifications of this discovery.

I made the mistake of beginning to read this book at bedtime. Who needs sleep anyway? I honestly lost track of time and didn't want to put it down. What initially drew me to this book was it's description. I love thrillers and mystery novels, so, this was precisely my alley. This is one of the most compelling, vivid, clever stories I've read in quite some time.  The mere possibility of a theorem that predicts death is intriguing. Would knowing change the decisions you make in living your life? The characters are strongly defined and well-written. I particularly appreciated how Grace's grieving process was thoughtfully explored. The dialogue is paced well. Perfect mix of drama and wit. I was genuinely surprised by the twists in this book. I look forward to reading everything else that author Darren Sugrue has to offer.
If you're looking for a suspenseful page-turner this summer -Buy this book, you won't regret it!